Our charitable neuro-rehabilitation program was created to help individuals who have neurological mobility impairments, regain mobility and walk again.
As the only mobility program of its kind, we are committed to providing ongoing access to cutting edge technologies that enhance neuro-recovery and the quality of life of our athletes. Our program offers an inclusive health club environment that combats the socially isolating aspects of mobility challenges to bridge community and promote wellbeing. We provide services to individuals with challenges such as, but not limited to: spinal cord injury, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s or stroke.
Our Mobility Program
Our Program is Unique.
Here is why…
- Affordable Access: Consistent and ongoing physical therapy and personal training at no cost to low cost.
- Access to Advanced Technologies: This includes whole-body vibration systems and a range of bionic exoskeleton suits.
- Rehabilitation in a Health Club Setting: This aspect promotes inclusivity and well-being for our athletes.
- Exercise as Medicine: While we believe that neuro-recovery is possible, maintaining neurological health and wellness is essential to optimizing the quality of life. This leads to an increase in emotional and social well-being, a reduction in secondary complications associated with paralysis, and a reduction in re-hospitalizations after sustaining a traumatic neurological injury or disease.
- Wholistic Program Approach: This includes physical therapy, whole-body vibration, exoskeleton usage, and a performance training program.
- Mental Health and Wellness: Our program provides a bridge to psychological and emotional support around the loss of mobility via professional counseling services in partnership with Pathfinders Aspen.
We use a winning combination of advanced technologies that include, but are not limited to:
Bridging Bionics Foundation’s Clinical Study Partnering with NuStep
Benefits of Exoskeleton Devices
Exoskeletons used in combination with the Galileo whole body vibration technology, can reduce the risk of secondary complications as a consequence of paralysis, serve as a preventative healthcare measure, and enhance neuro-recovery. Efficiently using a powered exoskeleton in over-ground ambulation has the potential for physical health benefits and psychosocial benefits associated with weight bearing upright mobility. Functional gain and improved fitness are shown by:
- Greater heart rate and increased oxygen uptake (VO2)
- Significant increase in joint range of motion specifically ankle dorsi-flexion and hip extension
- Multi-system impact, meaning many of our bodily systems are stimulated: motor, sensory, nervous, brain, cardiac, and digestive
- Increased blood flow and circulation in the lower extremities
- Increased bladder and bowel efficiency and regularity with a decrease in urinary tract infections
- Reduction in edema or fluid retention
- Decreased spasticity
- Improved mental activity and alertness
- Improved sleep
- Decreased self-reported neuropathic pain
- Improved self-reported quality of life, motivation to exercise, and overall health and wellness
PERFORMANCE TRAINING PROGRAM
Bridging Bionics offers a holistic approach to neuro-recovery; our goal is to maximize the potential for the whole body. Professional trainer and physical therapist, Bill Fabrocini, explains how our program incorporates training our athletes in the gym complements the other assets of our program such as: physical therapy, robotic exoskeletons to enable a person to stand upright and walk while fully weight bearing, and whole body vibration. Bridging Bionics Foundation has developed a performance training program with a written curriculum to better understand the techniques used to enhance our clients’ quality of life through improving movement. Using developmental positions from the ground up, we focus on posture, stability, and mobility in a supportive environment that enables our athletes to transition into the real world.